As I’ve been slowly turning our 1980’s house into a farmhouse styled home, I’ve stumbled across lots of beautiful farmhouse accents online. I like these less-expensive decor ideas because they can lend a farmhouse feel to a space without requiring the budget needed for larger renos/updates (like shiplapping all the things).
For instance, maybe you don’t have the budget or know-how to manage a full bathroom remodel right now, but you could try updating an old towel rack with the pretty doorknob hooks seen above for less than $30. Or maybe you wish you could gut your whole kitchen in favor of subway tile and open shelving, but in the meantime you could try filling a gorgeous porcelain pitcher (see above) with fresh flowers to brighten your space and add beauty while you wait patiently for the time when updates can start happening.
I also think any of these “finds under $30” would make an absolutely adorable gift for a farmhouse fan in your life. For instance, wedding season is on the horizon and I could totally imagine the batter bowl (above) being a really cute bridal shower gift paired with some baking utensils, recipes, and maybe a high-quality vanilla extract or something else baking-themed.
Enjoy shopping! And let me know if you purchase any of these finds for your home!
1. Acacia Paddle Board (Target) | I am definitely waiting for this piece to go on sale (it’s currently $19.99, but we like sales around here!), it’s the just the thing for appetizers or a cheese plate. There are no reviews yet on this though, just as a heads up!
2. Galvanized Envelope Mail Holder (Target) | I think this would be really cute mixed into a gallery wall with some family photos or something similar tucked in.
3. Chicken Wire Wall Basket (Hobby Lobby) | Love this. It’s on sale for $5.99, so a very inexpensive option to spruce up a blank wall in your home.
4. Wooden Drawer (Hobby Lobby) | These drawers have that “found” look to them without the challenge of actually finding them, ha! With the increased interest in antiques these days, sometimes it’s nice to skip the hunt and just pick up something that merely looks old.
5. Door knob/wall hooks (Amazon) | Wow, are these ever cute. I am planning to DIY my own towel rack for our lower level bathroom, and I think that these hooks paired with a piece of reclaimed wood would be oh so perfect. When I originally found these they were priced at $20, but now they are $12.99, so definitely watch the price before buying!
6. Soap and Water Sign (Amazon) | Adorable little sign with great reviews.
7. Food Storage Canister (Target) | This is such a fun piece. It’s just barely under $30, so maybe watch for a sale?
8. Pewter Table Clock (Amazon) | Oh I do love clocks. If you have a lot of white in your home, this is a great piece to add a subtle pop of color on a nightstand or end table.
9. Porcelain Pitcher (Target) | My sister owns one of these and it’s gorgeous. Definitely looks more expensive than $13.99. Fill with fresh blooms or faux and it’s a lovely accent piece.
10. Wall Decor Scroll (Hobby Lobby) | A cute piece for a gallery wall.
11. Tea Canister (Amazon) | I think this could be a fun gift to someone who loves tea and farmhouse decor.
12. Utensil Holder (Crate and Barrel) | Farmhouse perfection. Clean, white, simple.
13. Batter Bowl (Crate and Barrel) | Excuse me while I go whip up some pancakes, because this bowl is too CUTE to not!
14. Pioneer Woman – Lace Serving Bowl (Walmart) | A serving bowl with a bit more femininity.