It’s always amazing to me how quickly Monday rolls around. We had a very full weekend over here! It was great to take some time away from social media etc. and just enjoy the warm temps (FINALLY for MN, all the praise) and some sweet time with family. I also realized that Mother’s Day is coming up quickly, so I put together some simple gift guides for ya!
I decided to split my Mother’s Day gift guide into two sections. You will find something here for the mom who loves a great cookbook, gorgeous farmhouse decor, or handmade goodies (yay Etsy!). Plus, I included my picks for the mom who would love a great movie (Jane Austen style). First up I’m sharing my picks for farmhouse goodies & more and then you can just keep scrolling for all the links to my top read/watch gift picks.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links which allow me to earn a small commission when a purchase is made at no additional cost to you. Read more here.
Some of my top picks on this list are firstly the beautiful grain sack pillow covers from Farmhouse On Boone. Perfect for the farmhouse loving mama! I also absolutely adore this locket from Dear Mushka. And can we just talk about these gorgeous tea kettles from World Market? White one here and floral one here. So pretty! Find all the links right underneath this photo collage.
Mother’s Day Gift Guide – Farmhouse Goodies and More
1. Eclipsed Brass Locket from Dear Mushka, 2. Mason Cash Batter Bowl, Mother’s Day Pillow Cover (Her Children Rise Up and Call Her Blessed), 4. Rustic Galvanized Mailbox, 5. Ivory Enamel Tea Kettle, 6. Galvanized Metal Envelope (Set of three), 7. 2.5 quart pitcher, 8. Mother’s Day Print: She is Clothed with Strength and Dignity from SaltStains shop, 9. Yarn Dyed Apron, 10. Pillar Candle – Sugared Birch from Magnolia, 11. Bread Box, 12. Rosie Floral Enamel Tea Kettle
Mother’s Day Gift Guide – Cookbooks and More
I couldn’t write this post without sharing some of my favorite watch/read picks. I will caveat this list with…don’t get your mom a cookbook if she doesn’t LOVE cooking (or baking). That is basically the equivalent of buying her an iron or toaster or something. Not what we’re going for here.
With that said, keep reading for a short blurb I wrote for each of these items so you have some background info before you buy. Lots of fun ones here that will make meaningful Mother’s Day gifts!
2. The Magnolia Story | If your mom loves Chip and Jo, this is a must-read. I loved reading how Fixer Upper got started and how Joanna kept pressing into her dreams even when they seemed impossible.
3. GraceLaced Devotional | I follow Ruth Chou Simons’ Instagram account for her wisdom and focus on the Word of God. She is a mama to six boys and I love the encouragement she offers to mamas and women in the daily stuff of life. Oh, and she is an AMAZING artist. Every page of this book is lovely.
4. Emma (2009 BBC Miniseries) | Jane Austen fans? If you haven’t seen this rendition of Emma, well you just simply must. The acting is superb and is cast to perfection. The perfect treat to watch on a rainy day.
5. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It | Ree’s cookbooks are always filled with wonderful family-friendly cooking. Perfect for a mom who loves to entertain or just cook for her people. My copy has a sticky note on basically every page with “make this” on it.
6. Sense and Sensibility Miniseries | Again, another Jane Austen. Sorry, not sorry. This rendition is just absolutely classic. If your mom likes Jane Austen even a little bit and doesn’t own this copy, don’t even think about it, just do it.
7. Half Baked Harvest: Recipes from My Barn in the Mountains | For the cook who loves unique flavors and slightly over-the-top recipes. Probably not for the mom who is pressed for time and prefers quicker recipes. Most of the recipes here include a few extra steps, but they are certainly well worth the finished product. Oh, and the photography alone is probably worth the cost of the book.
8. Women of the Word | Jen’s approach to Bible study is both doable and yet challenging. She has so much wisdom on how to study Scripture WELL. This book is a great read for anyone who desires to be in their Bible and needs some tools to get started.
9. The Perfect Cake | The cake version of “The Perfect Cookie” above, this book is gold. I haven’t purchased it yet, but had a chance to look through it and it’s legit. Perfect for the mom who loves things like The Great British Baking Show, or just, you know, cake.
I would love to hear some of your picks for Mother’s Day too! Just shout ’em out in the comments. My goal is always to find meaningful presents, so I hope this Mother’s Day gift guide will be helpful to you in that regard!