Wrapping gifts? Washi tape gift wrap is a quick way to customize gifts—just trim and/or wrap your favorite washi tapes around simple brown paper packages!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links which allow me to earn a small commission when a purchase is made at no additional cost to you. Read more here.
Easy Ways to Gift Wrap with Washi Tape
There are so many ways to use washi tape to decorate gifts. Gifts are really a blank canvas. If I am wrapping gifts for the same person or event, I like to start with a set of coordinating washi tape. That way, I can use a variety of patterns and colors, but they still coordinate nicely.
If you are wrapping gifts for Christmas with plain kraft paper, washi tape could also be a handy way of designating which gifts belong to each member of the family by using a different washi tape (or two or three!) for each individual’s gifts.
Idea #1 – Wrap washi tape around small packages and top with a decorative bow.
Idea #2 – Use kraft paper gift bags & matching tags and wrap tags with washi tape for a pop of color. Tie tag onto the bag with twine.
Idea # 3 – Draw a curved line on your bag or package and trim washi tape into triangle shapes to make a bunting design.
More Ideas for Wrapping with Washi Tape
- Confetti! Trim favorite washi tape into short/medium lengths and stick onto packages for “confetti”.
- Make Your Own Gift Tag: Stick wide washi tape to a package and use a permanent marker to add an inscription on top.
- Create shapes: Try creating a design (like a birthday cake or Christmas tree!) using strips of washi tape arranged on a large wrapped package.
- Matchy matchy: Make a matching greeting card with washi tape.
- Landscape vibes: Snag some landscape themed washi tape like these spools I recently bought and run a single strip across/around your package for a minimalist look.
Where Should I Buy Washi Tape?
Check out my post on the best Etsy shops selling washi tape! So many good places to buy unique washi tape and support small business.
Gift Wrap Supplies
- Washi tape (Etsy // Amazon)
- Brown Kraft wrapping paper (Amazon // Michaels)
- White kraft wrapping paper (Amazon // Michaels)
- Brown kraft paper bags (mini // small // medium)
- Brown kraft paper bags in bulk
- Kraft paper gift tags
- Tissue paper
Print the Idea Card Below:
- washi tape
- kraft wrapping paper (brown or white)
- kraft paper bags
- kraft paper gift tags
- Idea #1 - Wrap washi tape around small packages and top with a decorative bow.
- Idea #2 - Use kraft paper gift bags & matching tags and wrap tags with washi tape for a pop of color. Tie tag onto the bag with twine.
- Idea # 3 - Draw a curved line on your bag or package and trim washi tape into triangle shapes to make a bunting design.
More ideas: Trim favorite washi tape into short lengths and stick many pieces randomly onto packages for "confetti". Stick wide washi tape to a package and use a permanent marker to write the recipient's name on top. Create shapes (like a birthday cake or Christmas tree!) with your washi tape on a large wrapped package. Make a matching greeting card with washi tape! Use specific washi tapes to decorate gifts for members of your family to help designate gifts during events like Christmas.